Dedicated to my Grandfather

From the darkest corners of my dusted memories,
I try to remember someone long lost.
Feels great just by recalling riveting stories,
The once I shared with the person I admired the most.

He was someone I would look up for, in the times of need,
Knowing that he will fix everything right.
Warmth of his hands on my forehead,
Converted the darkness inside me into light.

My quietness was taken for granted,
When no one was with me, he stood by my side,
He understood my silence, when no one even tried.

As a matter of fact, I know,
He is not among us anymore.
But I believe, that somewhere,
Up there, he is guarding me, for sure.....

Comments

  1. Fantastic poem for a man lost far away in a fantasy land♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will surely be with us all the time n surely a great tribute paid by you to your grandfather.👌👌

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts